Translate AQ into Any Language
This feature provides four purposes:
- If another user has already translated AQ into your native language, you can simply obtain a copy of the language module, and start using AQ in your language.
- If you or another user has translated the reports into another language, you can generate most reports in this other language.
- If you can't find a language module for your language, you can use AQ's built in translation capabilities to create a language module for your language. You can then use AQ in your language, and if you so desire, you can make your tranlation available to others, either as a free service, or for a fee.
- If you want to change some of the words or phrases used by AQ, you can use the translation capabilities to make those adjustments. There are likely two ways that this would be used:
- You prefer certain terminology over that supplied by Ancestral Quest
- You are using AQ to track animal breeding, and need to change such terminology as "Husband" and "Wife" to something appropriate for the type of animal you are dealing with, for example "Buck" and "Doe".
For further information on what language modules are known to Incline Software, and for guidelines in creating a translation, click here.