Ancestral Quest competitive upgrade for Family Tree Maker
Watch a video that shows how to easily bring your database from Family Tree Maker into Ancestral Quest.
- Ancestral Quest Basics (Free Version)
- Compare with Ancestral Quest Basics (Free Version)
- View Tutorial to Bring FTM data into AQ
- Version History
- View the System Requirements
- Watch AQ Tutorials
- View Sample FamilySearch Family Tree Screens
- Upcoming Training Events
- Language Versions (other than English)
Family Tree Maker® was a great family history program... but with the announcement of December 8, 2015, Ancestry.com has decided to discontinue the selling and support of FTM. If you want to have a local copy of your family history database on your own computer, we invite to you take a serious look at Ancestral Quest, and feel confident that you will like it.
Did you know that Ancestral Quest...
- was one of the first genealogy programs for Windows, released in 1994?
- introduced its Collaboration feature, enabling families to privately share and work together on their database back in 2002?
- had been licensed from Incline Software to Ancestry.com, which they distributed as "Ancestry Family Tree"? (This was before Ancestry.com acquired the company that owned Family Tree Maker.)
- was the first Family History program to become a FamilySearch Compatible Solution?
- is available for both Windows and Mac OS?
It is obvious that, over the years, Incline Software has continued to improve upon the software and lead the way in new features and capabilities. But with that, Ancestral Quest has a "familiar" feel to it. You will feel right at home using features such as:
- Informative Pedigree, Family and Name List views.
- Numerous charts and reports with several options.
- An advanced Filter/Focus capability, with powerful ways to select records.
- Advanced notes and sources abilities.
- Simple GEDCOM import and export capability. Easily bring your FTM data into AQ!
- A direct connection to FamilySearch Family Tree for linking and syncing of records and information.
Ancestral Quest is available two different ways.
Use the Free Basics Version
Go ahead. Give AQ a try. Download and install Ancestral Quest Basics for free. AQ Basics is a fully functional family tree program. If all you need is the essential features of a family tree program, you can use AQ Basics and never pay a dime.
Buy the Full Version
Or, purchase the full version of Ancestral Quest, with all of the bells and whistles. To help you in this transition, Incline Software is offering a $10 discount for a limited time. Normal prices for AQ 16 are just $34.95 if you download it (for the Windows version; $44.95 for the Mac version), or $39.95 (plus shipping/handling) if you purchase on a CD (Windows version only).
To receive this special discount, just be sure the text FTM10 appears in the promo code field near the bottom of the order page. You can also call to place your order at 801-280-4434, or if you don't have long distance service, call toll-free at 1-800-825-8864.
To help you decide whether you need to buy the full version, or whether the free Basics version will meet your needs, please see this comparison chart.
We are confident you will agree with us that Ancestral Quest is the best software to use for current FTM users. Welcome to Ancestral Quest!