Purchase Ancestral Quest for Mac
Ancestral Quest, including programs derived from Ancestral Quest, have served millions of genealogists for over 20 years as they have recorded and organized their family tree records in Windows. AQ is now available for Mac.
Download Ancestral Quest Basics for Mac
Ancestral Quest Basics for Mac is a fully functioning family tree program, and is absolutely free.
Will Ancestral Quest work with macOS 10.15 Catalina?
- Ancestral Quest currently runs on all versions of macOS from 10.7 (Lion) to 10.14 (Mojave).
- Apple released a new version of macOS in early October. This release is known as "Catalina".
- Catalina will only work with 64-bit apps. Ancestral Quest is currently a 32-bit app.
- Ancestral Quest runs on the Mac OS by using a 'wrapper' provided by Codeweavers (the makers of CrossOver), which allows a Windows program to run on a Mac without installing Windows. Incline Software is working with Codeweavers to provide a 64-bit wrapper which will allow Ancestral Quest to run on Catalina, as it does on earlier versions of the Mac OS X.
- After several delays, Codeweavers announced on Dec 10 that it has released CrossOver 19.0, which allows 32-bit apps like AQ to run in the 64-bit environment of Catalina. Now that they have cleared this hurdle, we expect to have a new wrapper in a few weeks which will allow AQ to run on Catalina.
Until the 64-bit version of Ancestral Quest is available, we recommend that you delay upgrading to macOS 10.15 Catalina.
When the 64-bit version of AQ is ready, it will be available at no additional charge to those with a current AQ 16 license.
Notes on Installing: after the initial install, the first time you run AQ, it will install the components necessary to activate the Collaboration feature of AQ. Click here to watch a 2 minute video demonstrating this.
Are you seeing this message when you install or startup AQ on your MacOS?
Click to read about it.